5 Things To Drink On St. Patrick’s Day That AREN’T Beer
Obviously the most popular drink to order on St. Patrick's Day is beer, especially Irish beer like Guinness or some sort of green beer. If you're one of those people that want to join in the St. Patty's celebration, but don't really care for beer, here are five suggestions.
1. An Irish Mule - It like a Moscow Mule, but with Irish whiskey instead of vodka, and ginger ale instead of ginger beer. It's half a can of ginger ale with ice, whiskey and a little bit of lime juice.
2. A Pillow Mint - It's Irish whiskey on the rocks, half and ounce of Kahlua and a splash of peppermint schnapps.
3. A Misty Mint - You fill 3/4 of a glass with ice. Add white rum and Creme De Menthe to make it bright green.
4. A Baby Guinness - It's a shot made with Kahlua and Baileys, so it kind of looks like Guinness.
5. A Black Velvet - This one actually does have some beer in it. You fill 2/3 of a glass with champagne, and then fill the rest with Guinness. NOTE: You have to pour the Guinness in last or it won't mix right.