5 Ways to Be Happy When You’re Broke
It's becoming more and more the norm in this world as prices go up and none of us in the trenches get raises to keep up with the Cost of Living. We're all broke. We're living paycheck to paycheck. So how can we all be happy when we're broke. Thanks to MSN Lifestyle, here are 5 ways to be happy when you're broke.
- Be Grateful For What You Already Have - Easier said than done, because it truly does take a different mindset. BUT, if you take the time to retrain your brain and just look around, there are a lot of things to be grateful for and being grateful and thankful are two different things. So, be grateful.
- Don't Stress About Your Bills - Once again, easier said than done. If you think about it, there really isn't anything you can do about bills. You can minimize them, but you'll always have them in one way or another. Paying bills is part of being an adult...so pay them and if you don't have money left, be happy you paid your bills.
- Go 'In' before you go 'Out' - Basically, stay in with your friends and have drinks and dinner at someone's pad before you go out. That's not even hard to do. That way you'll save on drinks and dinner, plus it's a great way to bond with your buddies.
- Happy Hour - Who says you have to stay out all night and buy drinks when they are at their most expensive? Don't, just go to happy hour and take advantage of all of the specials. Then, GO HOME!
- You're Already Happy...Look - Look around you. Look at how rich you are with life. Money can't buy what you have. Whether it's enjoying your family, going for a walk, spending time with friends, you're already rich and if you look at it that way, you'll NEVER be poor again.
(Source: MSN Lifestyle)