60 Bigs in 60 Days
The need is real. We need 60 Bigs in 60 Days.
60 Little Brothers and Sisters are ready for a positive role model to come into their lives.
Some have waited for over 2 years.
HELP US HELP THEM.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa needs help finding mentors for 60 youth. All of these waiting Littles have just started a new school year, and many are already struggling. Some don't understand the lessons, some are too afraid to ask for help from their teacher, and many have already made up their mind about school and that it's a waste of their time. Why would school matter to a child who does not understand their potential? To a child who does not understand that they too can achieve success in life.
It only takes a few hours a month to make the difference in the life of a child
Bigs & Littles that meet at school spend 30-45 minutes together each week during the school day. Bigs & Littles that meet in the community spend 6-10 hours together each month, flexible to the schedule of the Big, Little and family.
During the 2014-15 School Year, our Littles achieved the following impacts after meeting with their Big regularly for at least one year:
- 97% of our Littles who did not believe they would finish high school now believe they can and will
- 60% of our Littles who did not believe college was an option hope to attend and believe they can graduate from college
- 95% of our Bigs helped our Littles cope with a difficult situation at home or at school
- 83% of our Littles decreased the days they were absent from school
- 82% of our Littles improved their relationships with their parents or caretakers
- 69% of our Littles improved their grades
- 63% of our Littles feel more socially accepted
Now you can see why finding
60 Bigs in 60 Days is so important. It's not just important for the children that are waiting, but it's important for the future of our community.