Auringer Takes Open Night Win at Independence Motor Speedway
JD Auringer scored the win in the Performance Bodies IMCA Modified main event on opening night at the Independence Motor Speedway on April 11, 2015.
Auringer was strong early and built a commanding lead, but two late yellows would tighten the field. Auringer would not be denied as he would flex his muscle and take the win. Greg Kastli, driving Jason Snyder's modified, had to fend off IMCA modified rookie Brian Irvine and Troy Cordes for second. Irvine, Cordes, and Ryan Maitland rounded out the Top 5.
Brian Mahlstedt drove into victory lane after the Burco Sales IMCA Stock Car A-Main. Jerod Weepie would hound Mahlstedt in the closing stages, but Weepie had to settle for second. Austin Evens, Justin Temeyer, and Andrew Lokenvitz closed out the Top 5.
In the Big Daddy Chassis IMCA Hobby Stock feature, Benji Irvine took advantage of a lap three restart and jump from seventh to second. The next lap, Irvine had taken over the lead. Irvine busted things wide open through the middle stage of the 15-lap main event. Justin Wacha put himself into the second spot, and he began to track down the lead. Wacha would pull even with Irvine, but Irvine would kept a slight hold on the lead. When the checkered flag fell, it was Irvine by half-a-car-length. Wacha settled for second, and Jim Ball finished third.
The Tenacity Graphics IMCA SportMod win went to Janae Gustin. Lucas Lundry was in hot pursuit, but he was locked in his own battle for second. Kip Siems would apply constant pressure to Lundry. Lundry would fend off Siems for second.
Curt Luhmann made the long pull from Rushford, MN pay off as he would take the win in the RCZ Enterprises Indee Car main event.
Racing returns to the Independence Motor Speedway next Saturday night. Gates open at 4:00 PM, Hot laps are set for 6:30 PM with racing to follow. To learn more about the Independence Motor Speedway, log onto the track's web site and RaceIndee.com.
INDEPENDENCE MOTOR SPEEDWAY
WEEKLY RACING – NON WEEKLY POINTS NIGHT
APRIL 11, 2015
PERFORMANCE BODIES IMCA MODIFIEDS: A-Main
1. JD Auringer, Evansdale; 2. Greg Kasli, Waterloo; 3. Brian Irvine, Oelwein; 4. Troy Cordes, Dunkerton; 5. Ryan Maitland, Waterloo; 6. Kenny Kostenbader, Freeport, IL; 7. Ronn Lauritzen, Jesup; 8. Patrick Flannagan, Cedar Rapids; 9. Adam Johnson, Independence; 10. Vern Jackson, Waterloo; 11. Joe Docekal, Dysart; 12. Zack Less, Hopkinton; 13. Tyler Madigan, Dubuque; 14. Brennen Chip, Waterloo; 15. Jeremiah Hurst, Dubuque; 16. Scott Powell, Colo, IL; 17. Dennis Betzer, Central City; 18. Aaron Mathis, Fairbank; 19. Brett Ladahoff, Albion; 20. Scott Hogan, Vinton; 21. Darin Duffy, Urbana; 22. Todd Jensen, Waterloo.
BURCO SALES IMCA STOCK CARS: A-Main
1. Brian Mahlstedt, Ionia; 2. Jarod Weepie, Dunkerton; 3. Austin Evens, Independence; 4. Justin Temeyer, Independence; 5. Andrew Lokenvitz, Charles City; 6. Phil Holtz, Manchester; 7. Kevin Rose, Waterloo; 8. Russell Damme Jr, Waterloo; 9. Norman Chesmore, Rowley; 10. Justin Stander, Vinton; 11. Cliff Gray, Waterloo.
BIG DADDY CHASSIS IMCA HOBBY STOCKS: A-Main
1. Benji Irvine, Oelwein; 2. Justin Wacha, Vinton; 3. Jim Ball, Independence, 4. Brett Vanous, Quasqueton; 5. Marcus Wayne, Independence; 6. Shawn Kuennen, Hazelton; 7. Rodney Grother, Cedar Rapids; 8. Leah Wroten, Independence, 9. Tyler Ollendieck, Tripoli; 10. Quinton Miller, Independence; 11. Neal Miller, ; 12. David Balik, Fort Atkinson; 13. Jerimiah Wilson, Waterloo; 14. Vince Buccholz, Tama; 15. Justin Lichty, Waterloo; 16. Daniel Waters, Iowa City; 17. Luke Bird, Winthrop; 18. Nathan Forey, Waverly; 19. Zach Swonson, Waterloo; 20. Billy Wrotes, ; 21. Milo Mathis, Cocoa, FL.
TENACITY GRAPHICS IMCA SPORTMODS: A-Main
1. Janae Gustin, Marshalltown; 2. Lucas Lundry, Menard; 3. Kip Siems, Cedar Falls; 4. Colby Heishman, Brooklyn; 5. Tony Olson, Cedar Rapids; 6. Ryan King, Montour; 7. Kyle Olson, Cedar Rapids; 8. Jim Buhlman, Cedar Falls; 9. Travis Storojohann, Albion; 10. Jeff Scmitt, Rock City, IL; 11. Kevin Robinson, Dewar; 12. Kyle Bentley, Independence; 13. Sean Vogt, Watkins; 14. Dalton Clendenen, Dubuque; 15. John Bates, Fairbank; 16. Todd Ihde, Garnavillo; 17. Trent Johinson, ; 18. Chris Lewis, Annamosa, 19. Brian Hilbert, Independence.
RCZ ENTERPRISES INDEE CARS: A-Main
1. Curt Luhmann, Rushford, MN; 2. Jake Steer, Tripoli; 3. Brandon Maitland, Waterloo; 4. Buster Pate, Hiawatha; 5. Tristan Cordes, Dunkerton; 6. Eli Hershberger, Rushford, MN, 7. Jeff Davis, LaPorte City; 8. Matt Post, Walker; 9. Dorsey Steere, Tripoli; 10. Cole McNeal, Dysart; 11. AJ Whitten, Cedar Rapids; 12. Russell Smith, Cedar Rapids; 13. Scott Beaty, Urbana; 14. Chris Eide, Rushford, MN; 15. Carson Less, Hopkinton; 16. Troy Soiney, Mable, MN; 17. Don Erger, Brandon; 18. Brody Willett, Alburnett; 19. Kaden Reynolds, Cedar Rapids.