Healthiest And Least Healthiest Breakfast Cereals
Cereal is the biggest culprit of 'taste good = bad for you & taste bad = good for you.' Here are your healthiest and least healthiest breakfast cereals.
It seems like it was just recently, that we took a giant step back and took a look at exactly what we were eating. Do they even make "Cookie Crisp" anymore? Often times you hear parents say, "I don't know where these kids get that kind of energy." Maybe it was the bowl of chocolate chip cookies you gave them for breakfast.
Did they taste good? Of course. Are they good for you? Probably not. DietDetective.com ranked 301 different cereal brands based on 19 criteria including: calorie count, fiber content, added sugar, sodium, protein, ingredient placement of whole grains, vitamins, presence of food additives, and artificial coloring.
***It is noteworthy that the names of the healthiest cereals sound like they taste like twigs. And the names of the unhealthiest cereals sound like they taste pretty good.
The Top 10 Healthiest Cereals
10. Nature's Path Original Hot Oatmeal
9. Post Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Wheat'n Bran
8. Nature's Path Qi'a Superfood Chia, Buckwheat & Hemp Original Flavor
7. Post Shredded Wheat Original Spoon Size
6. Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs Cereal
5. Nature's Path Oatmeal Gluten Free Selections Homestyle
4. Quaker Oats Old-Fashioned
3. Kashi Whole Wheat Biscuits Autumn Wheat
2. Barbara's Shredded Wheat
1. Nature's Path Organic Millet Puffs
The Top 10 Least Healthy Cereals
10. Kellogg's Granola Low-Fat Granola Multigrain with Raisins
9. Quaker Honey Graham Oh's
8. Kellogg's Frosted Flakes
7. General Mills Cinnamon Toast Crunch Frosted Toast Crunch
6. Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cocoa Krispies
5. General Mills Chocolate Lucky Charms
4. Post Summer Berry Pebbles
3. Post Fruity Pebbles
2. Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
1. General Mills Monsters Boo Berry