Six More Weeks Of Winter Coming
If it wasn't for bad luck, there'd be no luck at all.
After getting almost a foot of snow around eastern Iowa and the Cedar Valley this past weekend, today we find out that -- even after there being clouds and forecasts of rain/snow in western Pennsylvania -- that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow anyway.
I'm trying hard to avoid ranting about this, so instead I'll give you a list of likely reasons this happened:
- TV cameras and their lights, that's how Phil saw his shadow. Stupid TV people.
- Phil got Lasik done over the holidays
- Phil ate a lot of carrots, which contains vitamin A (which boosts eyesight)
- God hates us
- Global warming, so it doesn't matter anyway
- Whatever Phil does/sees has nothing to do with the weather, but it is a fun pastime regardless
Maybe this is for the best. Enjoy the winter, everyone!