Couple’s Gender Reveal Results In Massive Wildfire
Reason #294 we need to tone down the gender reveal parties. This is "Crappy News" for Tuesday, October 2nd.
Florence, CO- A bowling alley owner died after getting caught in the pinsetter.
Police received a call Sunday afternoon about a man trapped in the device at the bowling alley. Authorities found 65-year-old Ector Rodriguez stuck in the mechanism, unconscious and not breathing.
Rodriguez was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say it appears his death was an unfortunate accident and no foul play is suspected.
The bowling alley will remain closed until further notice. [Colorado Springs Gazette]
Coupeville, WA- A high school football game was interrupted last Friday...by a deer.
Video shows Coupeville's Sean Toomey-Stout returning a kickoff for a touchdown...with the deer darting downfield ahead of him.
The crowd--and the players on the opposing team--seemed more fixated on watching the deer than actually trying to make a tackle.
The video has been shared nearly 700 times on Facebook. Toomey-Stout's mother joked that the deer was blocking for her son. [UPI]
I bet that deer's 40-yard dash time is incredible.
Tucson, AZ- A gender reveal led to a 47,000-acre wildfire.
Dennis Dickey attempted to celebrate the upcoming birth of his child by firing a rifle at a target filled with colored powder. Tannerite, the substance inside the gun, sparked the fire, and high winds made the flames spread.
Dickey pleaded guilty on Friday to a misdemeanor of causing a fire without a permit. He avoided an arson charge since the fire was accidentally set.
However, Dickey was fined $220,000--$100K of which is due at his sentencing next week. He'll pay the rest in monthly installments of $500 for the next 20 years. Dickey also will be sentenced to 5 years of probation.
Nearly 800 firefighters battled the Sawmill Fire, costing the government about $8.2 million. [Arizona Daily Star]
Seriously, why do people try so hard with these things?