Iowa Unemployment is Low DO NOT Make These Resume Mistakes When Applying for a Job
Unemployment in Iowa is very low, only 2.7% according to the Iowa Workforce Development. So when applying for a job, make sure your resume is legit. 97% of hiring managers said that if they discovered a lie on someone's resume, even if it was about something minor they probably wouldn't hire them! And why would they? There's other good candidates.
Here are the top five resume lies that can ruin your chances of landing a job:
- Lying about a degree you didn't really attain. 89% said it would ruin your chances.
- Lying about your criminal record. 88% said it would cost you the job
- Lying about a certification or job-related license you don't really have. 85% consider this a major offense.
- Lying about your work experience. 84% said it's a serious lie.
- Lying about technical skills, or claiming you're proficient in programs you've never used. 75% said it would impact their decision.
(Percentages from Talent Inc)