My Top 10 Funny Christmas Songs
Now here's a list of crazy, weird, wacky, zany and downright strange songs for the Holiday season! Because it's just not Christmas time until you've heard one (or all) of these comedy gems!
10. Jingle Bells - Barenaked Ladies Dance around the Christmas tree with the kids to this one. Fun stuff!
9. All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) - Spike Jones - considered a comedy genius "back in the day"...
8. Dominic the Donkey - Lou Monte - "hee haw hee haw"...."la la la"...it's soooo "bad", that's what makes it great!
7. The Christmas Hippo Song - Gayla Peevey - This is both of my daughter's all-time favorite! What a strange singing voice.
6. The 12 Pains of Christmas - Bob Rivers - "Fine!, you're so smart, you rig up the lights!", Plus, I like the guy who sounds like Archie Bunker, from the old school TV show, "All in the Family".
5. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) - The Chipmunks - An all time classic - "Alvin...Alvinnnnn!!!"
4. Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy - "You can say there's no such thing as Santa, but as for me and grandpa we believe! Tip: Don't let your grandma drink too much eggnog!
3. You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch, Original Version - This song is performed by Thurl Ravenscroft, what a voice! You could say he's "greaattt"! Because he was also the voice of "Tony the Tiger"!
2. Santa Claus and his Old Lady - Cheech & Chong - Like wooowww mannnn...a favorite of "stoners' everywhere. lol
1. 12 Days of Christmas - Bob & Doug McKenzie - Beauty, eh? Love it! "And a beer in a tree". This song still makes me laugh every time I hear it. Trivia: this was recorded in ONE "take". How did they forget donuts? It's their favorite thing, besides beer, of course. Next year, I'm getting me a chainsaw.
Honorable Mention Christmas At Ground Zero - "Weird Al" Yankovic - if you're looking for a song that is reallly "dark", this ones for you.
So there's my top 10 list of fun Christmas songs...so go crank them up and annoy your family! lol....